On Sunday, September 2 we headed up Provo Canyon for an afternoon with water, fire, family, food and, unexpectedly, a blue balloon.
I think the name of the park we were at is
"South Fork Park".
As is usually the case at these mountain parks on Sunday afternoon, it was crowded.
Fortunately we found a bbq pit and picnic table tucked back in a ways on the other side of the river.
It was the best spot...
Where we were, the river slowed, and since it was low there were even a few spots of land in the middle.
Kyralyn loved having Tate as her shadow as he followed her around in there
(& he was followed closely by his mom).
Parker immediately set about exploring the depths of the river
It's not quite the same as the time he came down the shore singing, "hi-ho the dairy-o, I'm goin' in the lake" and jumped in, (he was 5 afterall) but he does still love to immerse himself in mountain water.
Cool and refreshing...
In our family a soccer ball and a football accompany us on most outings.
Once dinner was packed up we headed to the green space to play.
There, Tate found a balloon to play with.
But unlike a ball, it can't come back to you if you let it go.
"up"
i'm
intrigued by my emotions whenever I see a balloon rising into the
sky...
there is a keen sense of sorrow or loss
but it is mixed with an invigorating sense of
hope & power
I was enjoying so much of our evening and the people around me, that I didn't look up through the trees we were playing in.
While I was chasing Kyralyn with the soccer ball I noticed a woman taking pictures of the hillside.
It was then that I looked up, and all around.
Fall has begun.
In all its august splendor.
No comments:
Post a Comment