December has come with a feeling of magic in the air.
The hopeful anticipation of the joys that come from birthdays and Christmas has been a pleasant companion.
The following are a few glimpses into this magical month:
I picked up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store to use for chicken noodle soup. Kyralyn asked to help and just kept going. She scraped those bones clean, just like Dad would have. (After I'm finished Paul usually exclaims, "there's still meat on those bones!" and goes to work himself - just fine with me.) Great work Kyralyn! 12/3/12
One night I went into Kyralyn's room to tuck her in and read her a story. I found powder sprinkled everywhere. After a few loud exclamations, something similar to, "WHAT DID YOU DO? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!" and promises to get it cleaned up in the morning she went to bed. 12/4/12
A little while later after she'd fallen asleep, knowing that I was unhappy with her & she was in trouble, I got to thinking about the book she'd been reading with Paul the past few nights.
Suddenly I burst out laughing.
I woke her up, told her it's ok and that I love her.
I still laugh when I think about the time she tried dusting, Amelia Bedelia style.
12/4/12
Dallin made cookies in class at school. He came home and made some more to share. This time he added frosting and turned them into oreos. 12/9/12
The night Paul took the boys to his game in Twin Falls, Idaho I took Kyralyn to the mall. Whoa. What does that say? Yes, I took her shopping. And it was fun. We spent 1 hour in the girls section at Macy's. This shirt & skirt were one of our clearance rack finds. 12/13/12
I am so thankful for the friends I've made over the years. Some of them gave me a birthday luncheon. Missy made these beautiful signs - something she & her daughter have been known for for a very long time. This time I was the lucky recipient (but thanks for not poking them all over my yard or taping them all over the front of my house!). They are so awesome I'm going to hang on to them for ideas. 12/17/12
We were waiting to pick Dallin up from practice when Parker said, "that's a lot of pigeons." Next thing I know he's outside the car making a snowball. A good scare and no poop! 12/19/12









1 comment:
My kids LOVE those books! Oh, how I miss Missy! Glad you guys are doing well. Heard your house is up for sale. Sad!
Post a Comment