Thus began our color journey.
I had set aside some time to do the painting while he was visiting Nana & Papa in Oregon so a few days before he flew out, we stopped in at the paint store. I immediately looked for a couple of choices close to Bronco blue while he began to play tag with Kyralyn. He picked a color but still seemed undecided, so while I picked out a roller, a paint brush & some primer (goodbye log cabin / pine tree stencils), he was looking at the color display. After a few minutes he brings me an entirely different color & with confident resolve tells me this is the color.
(Its actually a bit more greenish then the pic shows)
I love it when he knows what he wants!
Once the paint is on the walls, the fun begins. On second thought, that's not true. The fun began with our color journey. The accents just add to the experience! I picked up an unfinished magnet board, peg board, & shelf. I found stick-on soccer balls (he chose where to put them) & the dolphins as after thoughts while looking for the unfinished pieces. He had the sports car & motorcycle posters already, thanks to the school book fair. And the door curtain freed up some space to give him a bigger bed. He also has a pillowcase of a big wave with a surfboard. Because it was shaping up to have a beach feel to it, I thought of the washed wood finish for the shelf. I liked it for the other pieces too.
The room certainly won't win any decorating awards but it was enjoyable to put together; I like how the washed wood finish turned out & there is room for Parker to add his own touches. Most important, he LOVES it! (And he'll love it even more once he gets his orange duvet cover for the bed!)
The room certainly won't win any decorating awards but it was enjoyable to put together; I like how the washed wood finish turned out & there is room for Parker to add his own touches. Most important, he LOVES it! (And he'll love it even more once he gets his orange duvet cover for the bed!)

2 comments:
Love it! Totally sporty and I loved his face!
Love the color choice!!! Looking good Parker!
Post a Comment