Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Let Them Come

8/30/11
Today my daughter began Kindergarten.  Last week when the boys started school I got a little bit choked up (very unusual for me).  I suppose the choking came from the realization that all of my children are now school-age.  The next morning I thought I was done with the emotion of this new step of life.  After all, this is a new beginning.  But with every new beginning, there is a farewell first.  And today, watching Kyralyn go into her classroom as Paul & I stood outside with all of the other parents (most wrestling other children in strollers & arms), I had to swallow hard several times to keep the tears from falling.  

Later, at home, I let them come.

As the tears fell, I experienced an interesting contradiction.  My heart was sad, but my brain couldn't compute the sadness...the kids are happy so why am I crying about the kids?  A short time later the happy took over.  

Happy First Day of Kindergarten, 4th grade & 6th grade!

8/23/11

No comments: