 |
| 5/1/12 Seaside, OR |
Early in the spring I made arrangements to spend several days in Oregon with my mom & dad.
Along the way, various people would ask: was I excited to take a "vacation" or how was my "vacation" going or they'd flat out state that I needed a "vacation"!
Vacation?
Funny.
I didn't think of what I was doing as a vacation.
 |
| 5/1/12 Seaside, OR |
I see now that I was in denial!
Yes, I was partly going as a daughter to visit parents I don't get to see very often.
But a large part of me was really going for me.
A "vacation" of my own is exactly what it was!
fantastic, peaceful, quiet, refreshing...
 |
| 5/1/12 Seaside, OR |
I loved all the time I had with my mom, dad, sisters & brother & their families.
We drove, walked, talked, rested & ate.
 |
| 4/30/12 on a walk with Mom |
I'd brought several books, but I was loving all of my family's company so much that the only time I opened the cover was during the plane ride!
Thank you all for a great vacation!
 |
| 5/1/12 |
Saturday 4/28/12
visiting Josh & his family in Sutherlin
 |
| Ellianna loves soccer, especially when Dad is her coach! |
 |
| Great job kids & coach! |
 |
| Landon loves to cheer for his sister & play his own games! |
still saturday
headed to Bend
for an overnight stay with Monica & her family
 |
| somewhere in winter: Willamette National Forest |
 |
| winter hasn't melted away yet, when it does this will be full of water lillies |
 |
| hi cousins! we love you! |
 |
| Hannah!@! |
 |
| McKay loves his new yard! |
Sunday 4/29/12
headed back to Sherwood
 |
| the 3 Sisters |
 |
| Mt. Washington |
 |
| Hoo Doo Ski Resort (the bald peak covered in snow) |
 |
| 3-Fingered Jack |
Monday 4/30/12
Mom & I spent a nice relaxing day just being together.
Later that evening, Katie & I went to visit Dad at the temple.
 |
| Portland, OR temple |
 |
| the last of the tulips that haven't been taken out yet |
Tuesday 5/2/12
headed to Seaside with Dad & Katie
 |
| we followed the candy man right into the taffy store |
 |
| (yes, it's made right here in town!) |
 |
| went to lunch at Camp 18, had my bowl of clam chowder & caught a Bigfoot sighting |
saying goodbye at the close of this great vacation
 |
| look closely, Mt. Hood is there with a covering a clouds around her. We walked up this hill several times on throughout the weekend. |
 |
| yard looks great Dad |
 |
| love your hanging baskets Mom |
No comments:
Post a Comment