Friday, July 13, 2012

June

6/18/12
Aunt Katie came for a visit from Oregon.  We love the time she gives us!  All weekend you kept asking her for a snow cone.  On the day she left we managed to find one open at the same time that we were available.  Thanks for the Bubble Gum sno!

6/18/12
Today meant the long cast came off and the short one went on.  Your wrist is healing nicely.  The only downside is that you'll have to wear it an extra week, ie:  during our family reunion trip to Montana.  The doctor has reassured you that you won't even notice it's there!





6/18/12

6/22/12
The Dump Fire in Saratoga started yesterday around lunchtime  by target shooters.  This seems to be the fire story this year; to date 21 of Utah's fires are believed to have been caused by target shooting.

While I was out walking early this morning the fire appeared to have been contained on this side of the hill, there was very little smoke and I could see the burned area from yesterday.  Around 9 I stepped outside to shake the kitchen rugs and saw an arc of smoke over our house.  The way it covered the sun gave an incredibly eerie feeling to the otherwise bright & cheerful morning.

We walked down to the park to see if we could get a more wide open view of what was going on.  Mostly I wanted to compare it with what I was sure I had seen this morning (that whole hillside behind the smoke was visible just a few hours earlier).  Interesting how fuel & wind can change fire.


No comments: