Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

Another thing I am thankful for:  Music.  By my children.
This time of year just flies by.  About the first week of November I brace myself and try to enjoy the ride.  Then spend the next 9 weeks hoping for a pause in the race.  

I am very thankful for the pause I received this evening. 

Dallin has been asking to practice some basketball at the gym so Paul agreed and also took the other children to play.  I stayed back to clean up the kitchen from tonight's dinner & tomorrow's stuffing.  Once that was finished I moved on to clean up another room.  As I was passing the piano I remembered to plug in my pumpkin.  A few minutes later I decided to sit down and enjoy the quiet.  Ahhhhh.

In no time at all the car was pulling into the driveway & I could hear each of the kids talking as they came up to the front door.

Well, it was a good, if short, pause.

But wait, one by one everyone ended up in the living room.  

Being the Mom, I thought I'd take advantage of this gathering to voice our gratitude.  Each of the kids participated with various things they are grateful for.

Kyralyn is grateful for "our Heavenly Father and our Jesus," and for the "good bodies Heavenly Father made, not the bad ones"  (which meant people who make bad choices, not physical challenges).

Parker is thankful for air.  

Dallin is thankful for basketball & ipod touches.  

When asked for something unique they are thankful for:  Parker's reply:  toilets.  Dallin piggy-backed off that with "indoor plumbing."  This led to a "many moons" retelling of Grandpa Spencer's childhood fall into the family outhouse.  We all had a "many moons" laugh.  

I am thankful for pauses...

Together.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: