Friday, June 17, 2011

San Francisco, Without Flowers in my Hair

Golden Gate Bridge
12/19/09













Once upon a time, Paul and I took a little trip together.  For one day (I think it was just over 24 hours...) we left our home, the craziness of Christmas preparations, and the kids (who were too busy being spoiled by Uncle Lincoln & Aunt Michelle to notice our absence).  Back home, the flowers had long ago stopped blooming so I did not wear any in my hair.  (I always hear this song when I think of San Francisco...don't know why, I've never even seen The Graduate...did try it once on Netflix but switched to something else after a few minutes...)

We flew into Oakland on Saturday morning (December 19, 2009), & drove into San Francisco straight to Fisherman's Wharf.  We walked around for a while then drove down Lombard Street, and through the city a bit.  Then we went back to Lombard Street where I got out at the top and jogged down to the bottom to capture pics.  When Paul got to the bottom I jumped in the car and we were off to the Golden Gate Bridge.  It was a very windy day and not too clear.  Then on into Oakland to get ready for Christmas dinner with his Oakland Ultra Steam men & their spouses.  After dinner we went to see the Christmas lights at the Oakland Temple.  The lights are my favorite part of Christmas & these were beautifully done.  Sunday morning we flew back home so that we could pick up the kids and get up to Temple Square where Dallin was performing with the Children's Choir.  It was a nice, if quick, getaway!

My first introduction to the city:  trolls tolls
 
Love the bridges
Ah, the island of mysterious treasure, mateys!

Warm & inviting, even in winter!


Invigorating, Majestic, Intimidating:  Love it!
Had a great bowl of clam chowder for lunch here
Quirk:  Paul & I are both left-handed (but none of our kids are!)
The robot men were very entertaining



 Lombard Street


Caught a good gust of wind for this one!


 San Francisco Bay & Alcatraz
12/19/09










No comments: