Monday, June 27, 2011

Work, Work, Work

Parker 6/14/11
Here Lies:  A Worker
I am watching the letters of this word being put together & know that I am spelling a word but also laughing because it looks so funny.  Anyhow,  we spent a great deal of time two weeks ago putting some finishing (using this word loosely) touches on our backyard.  We loaded six yards of playground bark chips on Tuesday night, until long past dark.  Then Friday, because Paul needed one wheelbarrow load of gravel for the faucet area, well let's just get a whole truck load so that we can fill in the area around the concrete slab!  6,000 pounds of gravel really builds up the muscles!  
Who says work builds character...all I see are exhausted faces & the continual sound of "can I be done now?"  Even so, the boys worked hard alongside their hardworking Dad.  I am grateful for the soul-filling satisfaction that comes from working.  You know that feeling, a feeling of exhaustion that leaves you with the sense that you can do anything, create anything, & be anything you desire.  And as a mother, to see my boys (& even my daughter with her little purple wheelbarrow) working together with their Dad brings an overwhelming gratitude for the ability to work & for the character I know is being built.  
Work:  the face says it all.
Hard-working friends help the job move along.


Kyralyn:  Our soft & sweet for this hard & sweaty job!

Dallin 6/17/11

Not too much left now, Son!
defn:  Work

No comments: