Thursday, June 9, 2011

Welcome to the World, Baby Girl!

Our dress up diva
September 2010








After my daughter was born, my mom stocked me up with some good reads to enjoy while she took care of the rest of my family, the house, and me.  A book by this same title was one I particularly enjoyed.  For the last several months, as I have deliberated on this decision to start a blog, these words keep coming to mind.  Welcome to the world, baby girl!  I had never intended to be the proud owner of a new blog.  And now here I am, jumping crawling into this strange and unfamiliar world of recording our lives on the internet! 

Summer 2010
Dallin (10), Parker (8), Kyralyn (4)
In the beginning, I spent a lot of time and money creating books filled with my children's pictures and journal entries of memorable parts of their lives.  They love to pull these few books out and thumb through the pages.  A few months ago I realized (not for the first time) that the 4 year old in the picture was a lot smaller than the 11 year old sitting next to me.  Where has the time gone?  What was is that Parker used to say?  Oh yes, "Soccer ball" repeated several times in the only way a 2 yr old can, or "thunder, lightning, storm" or "Monster truck" so hard he became red in the face.  How old was Dallin when we played "chop, chop timber" or when he created spy adventures every afternoon?  What about Kyralyn's cute way of saying words before she could get all the sounds, like "bumpene" (for trampoline) or "bump" (for jump).  To my credit, most of the important snapshots of our lives are recorded.....& resting safe and sound (?) in a file on the computer that rarely gets opened.  So in an effort to capture all the colors of our lives before they fade...Welcome to the world, baby girl!!   

2 comments:

Amber said...

I had no idea u had a blog!! Super cute pictures!

Heather said...

Did you really post this at 1:48 a.m.? You were up late!

And welcome to the world of blogging!!!