Saturday, November 5, 2011

Bear Lake, Early Morning

8/20/11, Bear Lake
Friday night we all squished into our makeshift shelter and eventually fell asleep.  
Paul woke up and moved his cot outside the door because the walls were closing in on him.  

Eventually morning came, 
the sky lightened, 
and the thunder rolled in the distance.

(We were swimming out to this buoy yesterday)
I quickly woke Paul up & we moved all of our uncovered gear up to the tables under the pavilion.  
As soon as we got back into the tent the rain began trickling down.  


After listening to the raindrops on the tent and watching my family sleeping, I remembered my camera.  

Suddenly I wanted to be out on the beach watching the storm.  


The sun was just beginning to come up over the mountains & the morning light in the storm was beautiful.  

The storm came in from the mountains to the west and I watched it move east across the lake through my lens.

 



1 comment:

Heather said...

Love these pictures!

And it looks like a great trip.